Thursday 1 November 2007

Longleat Safari Park

I am not a big fan of zoos. But kids love animals and a safari park is the place to see them. It takes an hour and half to drive around Longleat. You sit in your own car getting attached by all kinds of beasts.


lock your windows and doors

One of the worst things I have done in a car was drive through Monkey Jungle. The car is swamped by monkeys intent on doing as much damage as possible to my nice new Picasso. We lose the rear wind screen wiper, the Desire badge, some rubber trim and the antenna gets chewed to bits.

The Rhesus monkey, common name; little buggers

When a 50 pound male monkey jumps from the car in front onto your windscreen you sure know about it. Snarling and bearing teeth he then tries to rip of your wipers.

didn't bring my rifle

I thought the Picasso was a big car, until I parked next to a Rinho.

what do we do if they charge?

We had been warned about the lions, they can smell babies a mile off and came to investigate. Concentrating on driving I gave the camera to Thames.

particularly fine black mane

But the tigers are the best. Three big cats. Walking around, one crossed the road right in front of us. The tiger enclosure is very big and full of trees, its so good to see them running around chasing squirrels.

three Amur (Siberian) tigers

Labels