Friday 22 June 2007

Its a big world after all

A certain friend of mine "Oh I got made redundant so I'm going travelling around the world with a first class ticket". "ahem"."cough". Is in Indonesia at the moment having a fairly tough time of it. You know the score, sitting on a lovely deserted beach, that can only be described as paradise...surrounded by yelling touts, mozzies and diarrhea tablets. Has inspired me to do a map of the world, my world. Now, I consider myself a well travelled person. Korea, Taiwan, Tahiti and New Zealand. Been there. Fiji, Malaysia, Antigua. Done that. I have marked all these (and a few more) red on this map.




And look, there's hardly any red at all! So much to do. So many places to go! a rather humbling exercise I must say. I'm not even close. The world is not small. Its not getting smaller. The world we live in is a vast place filled with endless places of fascination and wonder. Different peoples of every race and creed running around doing tempting things with chicken and veg. God bless you Sam, its not inspiration, its down right jealously. I'm sitting here working on my Snake II high score, while your snorkeling on Redang Island working on your tan. Life, is a big long journey, full of ups and downs. We've all got our own maps to fill. So just keep going. Dont ever let it get boring or sad. Just look around you, stop a minute and take it all in. Then move on to more fun wonder and suprise. Lets get out there. Lets go do it.


Get your own Visited Countries Map from Travel Blog

Labels